Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Shimmering White

I happened upon Clinique's newest collection yesterday, and today, low and behold, there is an email in my inbox announcing its arrival. White in Bloom includes a limited edition Shimmering Tones Powder (Shimmering Whites), Blushing Blush Powder Blush (Snow Flake), Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad (Prism Whites), and Glosswear for Lips Sheer Shimmer (Camisole).



I know the white, frosty highlighting powders have been all the rage over the last few seasons, but I still can't bring myself to get one (I know, I'm ashamed to call myself a product junkie sometimes). I just fully believe that they will wash my olive skin out - I think I do much better with the bronze, shimmery highlighters instead. However, I find something so fresh and pretty about this new collection - maybe it's my love for Clinique's Shimmering Tones that's reeling me in. I do wish I could see the collection in person, though; the colors in the shadow quad look like four colors were simply plucked from the Shimmering Tones powder - why not just use the individual colors of the powder as eye shadows? I do this with my bronze Shimmering Tones every so often, and it works quite well.

So, what shall it be? Do I go for it and snag one of the LE Shimmering Tones in an effort to (albeit very, very late) jump on the frosty highlighter bandwagon? Or do I let my frosty lemming slowly fade, as these things usually do?

Oh, one more thing - Clinique is offering a free trial-size Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk with any White in Bloom purchase. I love Clinique's cleansers, especially in travel size!

3 comments:

  1. Corinne, are you due to have your baby this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika! My actual due date is May 20, so technically, I could have a little ways to go yet. However, my doctor seems to think I'll go early - maybe this week or next. I think I agree - though I don't know if that's just wishful thinking or not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll think wishfully for you, too :)

    All of my girls were late (6, 12 & 9 days!) and each minute past my due date was agonizing-

    Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete