Sunday, December 7, 2008

Anniversaries, good and bad

I already blogged about our great, lazy Sunday last week, but it dawned on me a few days ago that Sunday was a day for a few anniversaries.


Brian proposed to me on November 30, so it's always been a special day for me. He popped the question the day before I graduated from college. It was good timing because I was so focused on finishing exams and getting ready to walk at commencement that I was totally gobsmacked by his proposal.

But something happened on November 30 last year to taint the day a bit. That was the day I was let go from my job. Even though I didn't love the job, or even the fact that I had to work, it was still a shock, and it took some time to heal.

However, since I never went back to work, I guess November 30 is also the anniversary of when I became a stay-at-home mom. And that's been a very good thing.

P.S. What do you think of the bigger picture - is it good or do you like the smaller sizes I've been posting better?

No comments:

Post a Comment