Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's November, people!

A little playmate we encountered at the park back in early October

As I type this, I am wearing shorts and a tank top and we have the fans running on high. It's very humid here, and the temps were in the low 80's today, with more of the same on tap for tomorrow. Normally, I would kick on the AC, but there is something very, very wrong about doing that in MID-NOVEMBER!

Adapting to the weather here in Florida has been a bit strange for me. On the one hand, it was an easy transition; we moved during warm weather, so there wasn't a major temp change to acclimate to. On the other hand, sometimes it hits me that Thanksgiving is next week and I'm still dressing Squiggles in shorts. Now, to be fair, we have had a few weeks of mild weather that called for pants, and even a jacket in the morning. Even the warm weather we're experiencing now is only temporary; by Sunday, we'll only see highs in the mid- to upper 60's. Still, I've been used to Ohio weather all of my life, and we would be preparing for the first snowfalls right about now. I haven't decided if I miss it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment