Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lazy Sunday

No, not that Lazy Sunday.

Today was a perfectly lazy day. We came home last night so we could have a day to recombobulate before diving into the week, and I have to say that it was a great idea. We loved spending the week with my family, but it's nice to spend some time just the three of us, too.

Brian started the day off by getting up ahead of me and taking care of Squiggles. Then I got a daddy-baby bomb (I was already awake and expecting it, but still fun), and a chance to snuggle in bed with Squiggles and watch cartoons while Brian made breakfast. We drank coffee while Squiggles played; and while he napped, we put up a few Christmas decorations.

We put up a tree (the pre-decorated slim tree we put on the second story ledge in the entryway at our old house), my Willow Tree nativity, a creche, our advent tree (the star plays Jingle Bells, and we do a little dance to it every day), and one of those sound and motion deals from Hallmark - you know, where you press a button and the thing sings and dances? We have one from a few years back with a snowman and two penguins that dance and jingle.



I apologize for the horrible lighting there - I didn't think our family room was that dim. Plus, it was taken with our digital camera as opposed to our camcorder. I still haven't figured out how to take video off our camcorder.

Anyway, we had a wonderful day, and it feels slightly more Christmas-y here now than it did before. I'll get the Christmas plates down in the next day or two, too, so that might help some more. It's very hard getting my mind around the idea that Christmas is in less than a month and I'm still wearing short sleeves and light jackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment